20 March 2013

Review: Potential Easter basket DVD's

Easter is just around the corner.  If you're like me, then you try to fill baskets with things other than candy.  Movies are always a popular choice at our house, so I was pleased when I was Lionsgate Home Entertainment contacted me about reviewing two DVD's.

First, we have Care Bears: Totally Sweet Adventures.


I watched this with the kids.  The story lines were sweet, and addressed the themes of fear, jealousy, making friends, and laziness.  I appreciated the messages that were taught, and the kids like the humor.  My one criticism was the use of slang/popular language by the characters.  I prefer my kids to have more formal speech and grammar modeled for them in their media.


DVD BASICS
Price: $14.93
Street Date: March 5, 2013                            
Language:    English
Running time: 88 minutes                    
Rating: Not Rated



The second DVD was the Power Rangers: Clash of the Red Rangers-- The Movie.

My kids loved this movie.  I did not.  They were able to overlook the cheesy effects and bad acting. I....well, I stuck it out for the entire show.  If you have kids that like martial arts, and have great imaginations, then this just might be the DVD for you.  I suppose I might've been a little more favorable toward it if I had watched the Power Rangers as a kid, but this was my first exposure.


DVD BASICS
Price: $14.93
Street Date: March 5, 2013                            
Language:    English
Running time: 45 minutes                    
Rating: Not Rated 


I received a copy of each of these DVD's to review.  I was not compensated in any other way.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails