27 February 2013

Spring can't come soon enough

Crocus in our NH front yard....mid-April.
It feels like spring is just around the corner here.  Yesterday morning, when I woke, I noticed a bird singing.  I haven't heard that in a long while.

This morning it's misty and overcast, but warm.  After walking the kids to the bus stop I realized there were lots of birds saying hello.  As I walked down our driveway I saw that we have what appear to be daffodils (and maybe one crocus) shooting up everywhere.  I love living in a new home and not knowing what surprises spring will bring in the garden.

I'm sure this won't last because it is only February.  In the Northeast.  Sometimes I long for my mild Oregon winters, where the daffodils would be in full bloom by now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails