05 February 2013

Get back in the saddle

I recently read Intuitive Eating.  The idea is to recognize and listen to your body's cues about hunger.  That, along with moderate exercise and making overall healthy choices will bring your body to it's natural weight.  Now there's a concept I can get behind.  So I am!

I've been working on recognizing my body's cues and following them.  I eat when I'm hungry, and I eat what I want--just not to excess.  So far, so good.  Down 4 lbs, without major effort, in the last month.

Starting this week I'll be going to the gym again.  I've signed up for a membership at the local YMCA which will not only provide a gym, but also two pools, and classes and activities for the kids.  I'm really very excited about all of it.

So, here's to healthier living!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

=) You go, Girl! Enjoy!

Popcorn House said...

WOO HOO! I am trying to get back in the saddle too. I made a green smoothie this morning and I was surprisingly energetic! Good luck, keep us posted

Related Posts with Thumbnails