24 December 2012

Dalene, Quality Assurance Supervisor


Last year I wrote a blog post about my brother-in-law that generated a comment about how interesting my family is.  I realized that it's so true!  My family is super interesting.  Each Monday I'll be interviewing a family member (or dear friend).  I hope you enjoy these Meet Me Monday posts.







Today's interview is with my friend, Dalene.

Where do you live?
Provo, UT -- and I love this town!

What are your hobbies or special interests?
Reading, writing, soapmaking, quilting, and the lost art of pie baking from scratch.

What did you do before staying at home with your kids?  What is your current profession?
I did a lot of freelance work--writing and editing--before I was a SAHM for 17 years. Currently I'm a quality assurance supervisor for a media monitoring company.

What made you choose that line of work?
Oddly enough, when I was a kid I wanted to be a detective when I grew up. This job started out as just a part-time temp job doing Internet research. Now sometimes I'm referred to as "the detective." When a client isn't happy, I get to dig around--into the account history or around the Internet--and figure out what happened, why the client isn't happy and how best to fix it. I love it.

When people find out what you do, what question do they usually ask you?


Unless they are familiar with my company, they ask me what it is exactly we do. I have yet to find a good short answer for that. My kids used to think I worked for Google. In a sense what we do is similar, but we don't have a slide.

What question do you wish they would ask?  
I'm not allowed to talk about our clients, but sometimes I wish I could. They are major players in business, advertising, entertainment and fashion. But there are also some highly specialized industries who use our service. I have learned about some pretty strange subjects at work.

If you had it to do all over again would you choose the same thing?  Why or why not?
I absolutely love what I do as well as the people with whom I work, so yes to that part. I'm just at the point right now where I wish I were better at transitioning my skills into a broader market.

1 comment:

John Waddell said...

Thanks for the great guide, if you're looking for some proven qa testing company I can recommend you to try http://www.nixsolutions.com/services/quality-assurance-services/ this is the best one I've ever work with.

Related Posts with Thumbnails