05 November 2012

Shelly, Dental Assistant


Last year I wrote a blog post about my brother-in-law that generated a comment about how interesting my family is.  I realized that it's so true!  My family is super interesting.  Each Monday I'll be interviewing a family member (or dear friend).  I hope you enjoy these Meet Me Monday posts.


Shelly and her husband.

Today's interview is with my friend, Shelly.

Where do you live?
Utah

What are your hobbies or special interests?
Home improvement projects, sports (mostly watching my kids play), riding ATV's, and home decor.

What is your current profession?
I am a part-time Dental Assistant.

What made you choose that line of work?
When I was a senior in high school I really wanted to go to beauty school after I graduated. My high school counselor said to me,"That isn't a real career". So sadly enough I took his not so great advice and went to UVSC (now UVU) for one semester. I had no clue as to what I wanted to major in. After not enjoying my classes at UVSC I enrolled at Provo College and graduated with high honors in dental assisting. 

When people find out what you do, what question do they usually ask you?
How can you stand looking in other people's mouths?  Is flossing really necessary? Did you have braces when you were a kid?

What insider information would you give them?
Yes, flossing is necessary along with brushing at least twice a day, morning and night. 

If you had it to do all over again would you choose the same thing?  Why or why not?
Yes, I would do it all over again and choose dental assisting. I really enjoy what I do and who I work with. Being around co-workers that you get along with makes all the difference. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails