12 November 2012

Kim, Web Designer


Last year I wrote a blog post about my brother-in-law that generated a comment about how interesting my family is.  I realized that it's so true!  My family is super interesting.  Each Monday I'll be interviewing a family member (or dear friend).  I hope you enjoy these Meet Me Monday posts.


Kim with her family.


Today's interview is with my friend, Kim.

Where do you live?
Salem, Oregon

What are your hobbies or special interests?
Hiking, Camping, Football, Basketball, traveling, doing anything as a family.

What is your current profession?
Web developer/designer for SAIF Corporation. (workers Comp for Oregon)

What made you choose that line of work?
I studied Computer Science, but didn't really want to be a programmer my whole life. I loved art, so I combined my two interests and became a web designer.

When people find out what you do, what question do they usually ask you?

Most people focus on the fact that I work for a workers comp company and tell me about their experience with a claim they had or one their friend had. At first I thought,, "um, I'm a web developer, I don't have anything to with the claim." Then I realized, we (at SAIF) are all working together to help each person. Once I realized that I did play an important role in helping the injured worker, I feel like I became much better at my job.

What question do you wish they would ask?  
I love talking about my work, so any questions are great.

If you had it to do all over again would you choose the same thing?  Why or why not?
I would definitely do it all over again! My "team" at SAIF has become an extended family. We do things together outside of work. I like the company I work for and I feel like I really can make a difference with the work I am doing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails