19 November 2012

Delia, Licensed Tax Consultant, Enrolled Agent


Last year I wrote a blog post about my brother-in-law that generated a comment about how interesting my family is.  I realized that it's so true!  My family is super interesting.  Each Monday I'll be interviewing a family member (or dear friend).  I hope you enjoy these Meet Me Monday posts.



Today's interview is with my cousin, Delia.

Where do you live?
I live in the great Northwest :) Roseburg, Oregon

What are your hobbies or special interests?
In my spare time I like to engage in activities such as hunting, fishing and various water sports.  I enjoy anything that involves the out doors. I am also on a city pool league which is a lot of good times.

What is your current profession?
I am currently the owner and operator of Neilsen & Associates, LLC.  It is an professional Accounting and Tax firm.  The services we provide to our clients include; Bookkeeping, Payroll, Notary, Business and Individual Income Tax Preparation, IRS and Oregon Tax Litigation, Small Business and Organization Set up.

What made you choose that line of work?
During furthering my education I met a excellent professor. This professor inspired me to follow this career path through his superb teaching abilities and dedication to student success.  I wouldn't be where I am today with out his guidance. I am very thankful to Professor Kuk for his time sincerity.

When people find out what you do, what question do they usually ask you?

1. My title is Licensed Tax Consultant, Enrolled Agent: People immediately ask if I work for the IRS.  I don't work for the IRS. I represent individuals and businesses to resolve issues before the IRS.

2. Will you do my taxes.  By the way I can't pay you. LOL

What insider information would you give them?
The insider information I would provide is that although you may believe you are filing your taxes correctly and for your best interest, you may be missing deductions and credit that a tax professional may be aware of due to the fact that they deal with these items every day.

If you had it to do all over again would you choose the same thing?  Why or why not?
I would definitely do it all over again.  I really enjoy the work that I do.  Even though I work a lot of hours and the work is very complicated, I enjoy helping people.  I enjoy meeting various types of people and no job is ever the same.  We have a motto on our door "May all who enter as guests, leave as friends".

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails