29 October 2012

Jeff, IRS Auditor


Last year I wrote a blog post about my brother-in-law that generated a comment about how interesting my family is.  I realized that it's so true!  My family is super interesting.  Each Monday I'll be interviewing a family member (or dear friend).  I hope you enjoy these Meet Me Monday posts.


Jeff


Today's interview is with my cousin-in-law, Jeff.

Where do you live?
Washington State

What are your hobbies or special interests?
High School Football Referee. Not many hobbies that will pay you to have a blast and get a work out.

What is your current profession?
Accountant (Auditor)

What made you choose that line of work?
I’ve always liked numbers. There are always a ton of job openings for accountants so I figured it would be good job security also. Luckily, I ended up loving what I do also. Go figure.

When people find out what you do, what question do they usually ask you?
They usually ask what is wrong with me that I love what I do. Often they wonder if I am kidding and don’t believe that I enjoy my work. After that there isn’t much to say. Usually the conversation ends with “Nerd Alert!”

What question do you wish they would ask?  Or, what insider information would you give them?
I have a lot of inside information, but I am not at liberty to disclose it. Actually the best advice I would give is to just pay your taxes. Uncle Sam is not someone you want hunting you down. If you don’t like taxes give your senators and congressmen (and congresswomen) a piece of your mind. They are ultimately the ones who wrote the laws that require you to pay taxes.

If you had it to do all over again would you choose the same thing?  Why or why not?
I might. I love what I do, but there are so many things out there in the world to do. I can see myself getting into other things. I’ve always loved the airlines so if I had to do it again maybe I’d be a pilot. Or a football player, or a trust fund baby, or a scuba diver. Who knows maybe I’ll still “be” something else when I grow up.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails