22 October 2012

Alf, Documents Regional Manager


Last year I wrote a blog post about my brother-in-law that generated a comment about how interesting my family is.  I realized that it's so true!  My family is super interesting.  Each Monday I'll be interviewing a family member (or dear friend).  I hope you enjoy these Meet Me Monday posts.
Alf





Today's interview is with my distant cousin, Alf.

Where do you live?
Far away, Germany.

What are your hobbies or special interests?
Aquaristic, my son, family.

What is your current profession?
Regional Manager in the Documents Management Business. I lead a business unit which does document digitalizing for several customers. One of the exciting issues of my current job is that I work for the world leader in this branch (which is an American company) and I work daily with colleagues from all over the world from different countries and cultures. This international flair and being part of the “big ones” made me to choose the company I currently work for.

What made you choose that line of work?
Life was leading me to that, I just entered the doors which opened for me.

When people find out what you do, what question do they usually ask you?
Documents what?... never heard of that.

What question do you wish they would ask?  
What does a Regional Manager do? I would like that people ask me more about my job, less about the business.

If you had it to do all over again would you choose the same thing?  Why or why not?
Life’s path is a mixture of recognizing fate and taking initiative. And looking at my life now: see my wife, my son, my family. I have the good feeling, that I can provide them not a life in luxury, but without fear. I know, most of times in my life I made the right decisions.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails