27 August 2012

Kevin, Mite Wrangler


Last year I wrote a blog post about my brother-in-law that generated a comment about how interesting my family is.  I realized that it's so true!  My family is super interesting.  Each Monday I'll be interviewing a family member (or dear friend).  I hope you enjoy these Meet Me Monday posts.



Kevin and his wife.
 Photo courtesy of Neysa Brandon Photography



Today's interview is with my brother-in-law, Kevin.

Where do you live?
Good ol' Veradale Washington in the Inland Northwest.

What are your hobbies or special interests?
My hobbies include watching as much football and sports in general that I can get away with.  playing sports (soccer, basketball, football) whenever the opportunity arises.  I enjoy a good video game here and there and lately my  special interests revolve around finding ways to put my almost 3 month old daughter to sleep.

What is your current profession?
I am currently a professionally employed Mite Wrangler. Developing process methods of growing dust mites for use in allergy medications.

What made you choose that line of work?
I was interested in Biology in school and wanted to work at a pharmaceutical company while living in Spokane if at all possible. This turned out to be the ticket.

When people find out what you do/did, what question do they usually ask you?
They usually have a pretty odd look about them, which generally follows with something along the lines of "I've got plenty of dust mites at my house you can have for free".

What question do you wish they would ask?  Or, what insider information would you give them?
What are the morphological and physiological differences between the European and American house dust mite?

If you had it to do all over again would you choose the same thing?  Why or why not?
Things have worked out pretty well, even to continue to work in the pharmaceutical industry I believe I might have been better served by studying an engineering field instead of scientific.  

2 comments:

carblemarble said...

Now I want to ask him what the morphological and physiological differences between the European and American house dust mite are!

Lindsey said...

He sounds hot! This is a pretty big improvement over his Pollen Jock position.

Related Posts with Thumbnails