31 October 2011

Fitness Report, Week 8

DIET
Huge fail this week.  I not only didn't track, but I didn't stay on track very well. 

EXERCISE

Six days, thanks to the snow shoveling I did on Sunday morning.  I've also changed up my workouts a bit.  Since I've been at the same weight for almost a month, I thought that perhaps I've cardio-ed away all the unstubborn fat I can.  I decided to add more strength training.  I'm now doing 15-20 minutes of cardio and then the remaining 10-15 minutes are used for strength training.  I'm trying to build some muscle in hopes that I'll burn more calories on a daily basis.

HEALTHY CHANGE

I failed here too.  It's Halloween--was I really not supposed to bring any bags of candy into the house?  There are exceptions to rules, and this was one of them.  Yes, I brought bags of candy home.  Will I do it again? No.

GENERAL

I'm not trying to use it as an excuse, but I do think that if I could get all of us healthy it would make a big difference. Craig's coughing had been keeping both of us up most of the night.  We've been tired and sluggish.  On Thursday he went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a respiratory infection and pneumonia.  He's on meds now and is slowly improving.  As a result, I've been sleeping better.  So, I'm hoping things will look up this week.


Occasionally I have to remind myself that my goal isn't merely to lose weight, it's to feel better.  When I remember this I can find accomplishments to celebrate that don't involve the scale.  Take a look at the waist and hip measurements-- they're moving in the right direction.  Toning my muscles and feeling good are definitely important, so I'm going to consider this week a success.

THE DETAILS

Weight change from last week: +.2 lbs
Total Weight loss: 8.4 lbs
Neck measurement: no change
Waist measurement: -2 inches

Hip measurement: -2 inches



1 comment:

Alexis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails