08 January 2011

Another year older and wiser too!

Here are 33 things you might not know about me--one for each year of my life.
  1. If I had a dog it would be a chocolate lab.
  2. I love the smell of coffee.  It reminds me of my grandma's house.
  3. I've always wanted to visit Iowa.  I don't know why.
  4. I like my drinking water at room temperature.
  5. I heart NPR.
  6. Were I to get a cat, I would choose a calico.
  7. Had I been born a boy my name would've been Austin.
  8. I don't like odd numbers.
  9. My favorite number is 8.
  10. I give money and food to homeless people.
  11. I am deathly afraid of mice and snakes
  12. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
  13. Someday I want to live in NewYork City.
  14. Someday I want to live somewhere incredibly rural.
  15. I love peanut butter.
  16. I hate snow.
  17. I had a horse named Copper while growing up.  He was white.
  18. When I eat I like to have a little bit of everything in each bite.
  19. After college I was surprised to learn that all my high school teachers assumed I would major in journalism.  Never even considered it.
  20. I refuse to pay more than 99¢ /lb. for fresh fruit or vegetables.
  21. My first niece was born this week.
  22. Jimmy Stewart is my all-time favorite actor.
  23. Judy Garland for actress.
  24. I say some things with a New England accent just to bug my kids.
  25. I didn't eat an avocado until I was in college.
  26. I was a cheerleader.
  27. Dishes are my least favorite household chore.
  28. Folding laundry is my favorite.
  29. I've been asked if my heritage is:  Native American, Hispanic, Iranian.
  30. I have an innate compass, except in malls.
  31. I can't sleep with socks on.
  32. Pragmatic.  That's how I would describe myself.
  33. Someday I'd like to go to law school.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for being part of my life. You make it a better place.

dalene said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Christa said...

Happy Birthday! I know I'm late -- LOSER! I've been thinking about you and your 1st day of snow philosophy. It's not snowing anymore, but it's also not melting. The good thing about snow and Georgia is that everything and everyone has the day off. Aaron and the kids were home yesterday and now today. Tomorrow's looking just as bad, so who knows. I wonder if they'll make the kids go to school on MLK day?

Related Posts with Thumbnails