23 November 2010

I have a confession...

I've taken two online photography classes.  I don't like to admit this, especially to the blog-o-sphere, because I don't want to be labeled as one of those people who thinks she can start a photography business because she bought a DSLR.  I am not that person.

I love photography.  I was introduced to "real" cameras when I was on yearbook staff in high school.  I loved it--both shooting and developing.  As a senior I spent time working in a portrait studio as part of an internship.  I loved that too.

I thought about majoring in photography at the BYU, but a drawing course was a requirement and I knew I couldn't do that, so I didn't.

But I did take these two classes because I love taking photographs and I wanted to improve.  And I've learned a lot.  And I love the pictures that I'm taking of my family and friends.

I've been expanding my knowledge and skills.  And I'm proud of myself for doing that.  So there.

3 comments:

carblemarble said...

Awesome! Anything to improve ourselves, especially when it's something we enjoy!

Queen Scarlett said...

I love you.

Jackie said...

My grandkids are so lucky to have such a talented, smart mommy! We are thankful for your wonderful photography skills and for sharing all the kids pictures with us!!! Wish I was closer and could babysit more to help you have more time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails