29 August 2009

I said no

The other day I got a phone call from someone who had just taken over the Girl Scout troop assignments. We put Goosey on the waiting list about a year ago, and she wanted to know if we were still interested. She said that there weren't any open troops at the time, but if I'd be willing to start a Daisy troop that would solve the problem. I responded very honestly,

"I'm all volunteered out."

And she was completely awesome about it. She told me how her oldest is in high school this year and she's found that no matter what school she's at it's the same six people who volunteer to do everything.

I won't go on about how many things I volunteer for, but believe me when I say my church commitments alone would make most people's heads spin. I'm just grateful that I had that short interaction with someone who gets it and who didn't try to guilt me into anything. So refreshing!

3 comments:

La Yen said...

Good for you!

AzĂșcar said...

You're my inspiration.

Queen Scarlett said...

Bravo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails