23 January 2009

Love it!

For Christmas, my aunt sent me a package.  Inside was this:

It's a blurb book full of recipes, photos and little tidbits of my Grandma Sweetie.  I can't tell you how many times I've looked through this book since I got it.  Goosey and Dogger love to browse it also.  I read all the captions to them, and told a story for almost every picture in the book.


I love this page because my Auntie Sue scanned one of my grandma's recipes--written in her hand and obviously well loved.


Here's a collage of photos that I especially like.  Check out Grandma's earrings and the sweater she's wearing while serving food at a picnic.  I adore the picture of her picking squash in the garden.  I want to re-create that apron.  What colors do you think it was?  I'm thinking white and blue.

There are also pictures of Grandma & Grandpa's wedding (which I don't remember seeing before), a (scanned) pressed flower arrangement made by Grandma and the five houses they lived in during their marriage.  And lots and lots of family photos.  And recipes.  

I love this little book.  What a beautiful way to remember someone.

6 comments:

~j. said...

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing it.

Pink Posts said...

Oh, I love this book! What a great idea.

joelandnatalie said...

Hey, "Jill"! It's been so long since I've talked to you, I decided to check out your post and see what's going on, and I LOVE this idea. You know what my favorite part about it is? The page that has the caption "And Grandma Reiter... kept ginger cream cookies in her apron pocket to give to the kids." That is such a great thing! I love the idea that some sweet lady kept cookies for all the neighbor kids. Can I be that cool?

compulsive writer said...

Love it--that is the best gift!

Cindi said...

What a treasure! Generations will love this gift! A gift of love and thoughtfulness...

carblemarble said...

Oh, I just loved this when we opened ours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails