24 March 2006

My Legacy


At an Enrichment meeting a few years ago we were asked to name one thing for which we would like to be remembered. Answers included faith, pioneering spirit, commitment to education, kindness, etc. I thought rather than come up with a "deep" answer, I'd answer honestly. My CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.

That's what I do best--chocolate chip cookies. Earlier this week I gave some to my neighbor for the second time. The next day she asked for the recipe--and she's not the only one. Almost every time I share them, a recipe request quickly follows.

I bet all you faithful, pioneering, educated, kind people wish you were my neighbor!

6 comments:

carblemarble said...

Ah.... the joy of having you as a sister... Okay, so not the only joy, but a great tasting one!!
Thanks for all the times you've shared with me (and for those times not sharing... just made me appreciate more once I got some (or snuck some)).

Queen Scarlett said...

If I BEG...will you come make me some... or may I get a the recipe? I've been craving chocolate chip cookies. ;-)

cabesh said...

I would LOVE to come make some for you, but it's a BIG continent. As promised, I posted the recipe on Serrano Sistah's (see link on my blog for anyone else who wants it).

Queen Scarlett said...

Thank you!!! And... it would be fun to see you again. Remember when you and Craig were in SF way back when? That was fun.

compulsive writer said...

I am drooling all over the place! Now I'm going to go find that link...

compulsive writer said...

You know, I don't even need to make the cookies (although I did last week--they [both those that made it into the oven and those that didn't] were delicious--but mine weren't nearly so beautiful to look at). I just look at that picture every day and it fills my need for chocolate chip cookies. I think you've stumbled on something--virtual craving fulfillment. No fat, no calories, no harm done. Mmmmmmmm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails