26 August 2005

reverie

I love how and where I grew up. I want my children to have the experiences that I had. Here are a few things I loved about the atmosphere in which I was raised:
  • living on a ranch and working hard
  • The Wildlife Safari http://www.wildlifesafari.org/
  • rain
  • Pete's Drive-In
  • living within two hours of all my extended family
  • early morning seminary
  • graduating from the same high school as my parents and all my aunts & uncles
  • there are no esclators in Douglas County, OR
  • driving from house to house to trick-or-treat
  • the annual frog-jumping contest at my elementary school
  • trees
  • the population of Roseburg, OR could fit into LaVell Edwards Stadium 3 times
  • camping on the coast
  • wild blackberries
  • never pumping your own gas
  • Umpqua ice cream
  • the youth in the Stake stick together
  • no school on Veterans' Day
  • Abby's Pizza
  • the county fair
  • creeks bigger than the Provo River
  • fog
  • high school football games
  • no sales tax
  • the YMCA
  • my mom volunteering at my school
And many, many more....



These are pictures of the ranch in early March.
.

3 comments:

La Yen said...

I love it! I want to retire way the heck out in Spanish Fork Canyon, and live like the Unabomber, but W won't let us unless we also have a helipad so that he can go away. I want chickens and ponies and a guy to take care of them for me.

Queen Scarlett said...

Lovely pictures... beautiful. You could make a calendar! ;-)

cabesh said...

Jen- My dad always wanted to live in the middle-of-nowhere eastern Oregon. My mom said only if she had a pool and a horse. Maybe you and she could hang out.:)
Bonazza-Thanks. I'm actually looking into printing these pictures (and a few others of an old chicken house, pump house, etc. on the ranch)for artwork in my kitchen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails