27 August 2005

I blog for me

Yesterday a college friend and fellow blogger expressed to me her hestitancy to publish some of her posts (see www.cryingoverspiltmilk.blogspot.com). I totally understand. At first I didn't know if I should post "Guess I'll Go Eat Worms." I was afraid that someone I knew would read it and take it the wrong way (you know, that I was bitter and wanted to go postal on my neighborhood) or worse, that I would become the ward service project. That really made me think about why I was writing.

I'm not writing to entertain people or to send messages. Some bloggers do, (which I think is fine- my husband likes the programming community blogs), but I don't. I write things that I've had on my mind for a little while, or that hit me all the sudden. I write because it feels good. I put it out there because I find it interesting to see what others think about the same things. So, I posted it. I did this knowing that someone might disagree, or misinterpret. I guess that's just the nature of blogging...and life.

3 comments:

Queen Scarlett said...

I'm so excited I'm part of a topic on your blog. I agree with you... "screw it" we'll post it anyway... I'm just too polite still (this may change) to post how I really feel about my in-laws. So they're a non-issue on my blog. hahahah

I love that we blog! Almost like old days...but NEW.

~j. said...

Uh, I don't mean to seem selfish, but you blog for me, too. :) I like it. When I saw you at church today, I felt like we share a secret. It's awesome.

cabesh said...

Jenny, me too. I feel like I've gotten to know you more in the last month that I've been reading your blog than the 2 years we've lived 1/2 block from each other.

Related Posts with Thumbnails